Monday Musings

Monday, August 31, 2015


Hiatus / It may have been known from last week, but I took a slight hiatus from blogging. I had a lot of matters that were much more pressing, and taking some time for my mental health was a top priority for me. Even though there were some posts, nothing was new content. I am glad to say that I am back to business as usual and cannot wait to crank out some really amazing things for you all to see!

Training / Academic Peer Mentor training is now over! I have to admit, there were some long nights but I have really fallen in love with my job, my staff, and my university. It's been the best two weeks I've had all summer and even though I'm sad that I won't be seeing everyone 24/7 like we have been in the past, I am so excited to get to work on making this year great for my residents.

Move-in / Freshman move-in has begun on my campus and it really takes me back, seeing all of the excited faces on campus. There's something about being a freshman that is just so new and precious and vulnerable. I would do it all over again if I got the chance to. It was the best year of my life thus far.

Adventure / Man, if you're not finding adventures to go on at night at your campus, you need to start. Go with a small group and genuinely talk and get to know each other. It will be one of the best times you could ever have.

Recruitment / GUYS IT IS ALMOST TIME FOR RECRUITMENT. I am so excited to help these new women go through recruitment you would not believe it. I have been watching recruitment videos // bid day videos as if it was my job. Seriously, they are great. I highly encourage everyone to go Greek. Read more about why here!

Authenticity / After training, I have resolved to become a more authentic person this year and truly connect with people on a more real level. I want to be more open to diversity and opinions and beliefs and I really just want to start to change my perception.

Sorry about my absence, but I am so happy to be back doing what I love! Let's all have a great week! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017