Dorm Sweet Dorm

Thursday, August 6, 2015


If you're anything like me, moving into college means decorating an entirely new space. This space can be anything you want it to be. You can reflect your personality in every corner and in every item you put in your room. While we all have different styles, there are a few essentials that help build the coolest room. Here are my picks to help you build the coolest dorm. Ever. 



Soft sheets are a must. Comfy for sleeping, lounging, and studying in bed. When buying bedding, you want something durable enough to last and stylish enough so that you never tire of it during your undergrad. This set from the brand Parachute is perfect, and it comes in navy which is a bonus in my book! I think these sateen sheets would be extremely comfy and I'm dying to have a set of my own.

I made the mistake of not getting a body pillow for my freshman year. Don't make that mistake. This pillow is super affordable and is great for stuffing against the wall or for cuddling. Because let's face, sometimes the math works out like this: pillows > boys.  

Don't forget to cover your pillow! This cover, this cover, and this cover all earn an A+ in my grade book! 

Throw pillows are also a must. They make your bed like a perfect cloud and are great to both accessorize and lounge with. I'm a fan of this, this, this, this, and this when it comes to throws. This would also be a nice basic pillow sham to have, also from the brand Parachute.

We can't forget a comforter though, can we? I'm adoring this one and this one at the moment!

You'll need a nice blanket to snuggle under too- for days when you don't want to unmake your bed for a quick 20 min nap in-between classes. This one has me all heart eyes emoji. 


What's a room without some art? Boring, that's what it is. To dec out your space, don't be afraid to hang some prints, posters, or marquees. It can define your space so perfectly and start some great conversations if you have some truly unique pieces hanging up. 

I'm known to love a witty quote, sassy print, or a great framed photo of me and a bestie on my walls or desk. 

You can't go wrong with posters to fill the blank spaces on your walls. I'm crushing hard of this one and this one, but if these don't fit your tastes, amazon literally has thousands to choose from!

Wall tapestries are also the bomb.com when it comes to decorating your walls. They're literally art on fabrics. Definitely search one out if you're into the boho vibe they give off. I'm a fan of this one, this one, and this one


Wireless // bluetooth speakers are a must when going off to college. You're able to bring the party anywhere and you'd honestly be surprised by how often you need to amplify your tunes. This speaker by jambox is portable enough to bring wherever while also giving off killer sound. 

Lighting always needs to be on fleek, especially when you're taking shameless selfies to post on the 'gram. To keep your lighting in check, invest in a lamp such as this one or this one. Thank me later when your selfie gets 100+ likes.

Rugs can do a lot for your room. Think about popping something like this or this onto your floor and watch it become the unofficial hangout zone within your dorm.

I hope you enjoyed my tips on how to build the coolest dorm room ever. These simple things will make your dorm feel like your second home & will hopefully get you amped to start school again. Let me know what's a must for you when trying to make your dorm room feel cozy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017