An Open Letter To My Chapter On Disassociation Day...

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hey, what's up, hello-

This is really hard to write. I've been staring at a blank document for days- writing and rewriting my thoughts and feelings about disassociating... Now the day is here and I still have no clue what I even want to say to you all in parting.

Let's start with some thank you's, shall we? First and foremost, thank you for bringing me out of my shell. If I was standing by my freshman year self at this time last year, I wouldn't recognize me. Joining the chapter was something that helped me bust out of my comfort zone. I never have felt more comfortable around 80+ girls in my life, but I not only feel comfortable around you all, but I feel safe, brave, and at home. All of you are helping me become the best version of myself, and I know without your support and guidance, I would never be accomplishing everything that I had over this past year.

I also need to thank you for helping me find me voice. In a chapter with so many strong women, it can sometimes be hard for me to share my opinions or ideas, but it's gotten a whole lot easier around you guys. You've given me the tools to start opening myself up and you've begun to teach me how to speak up when I need to, how to have grace when I embarrass myself, and most importantly- how to truly listen to others. This has helped me so much already in the things that I've begun to do around campus.

I guess I really just want to say that I'll miss you all. You've all become my family when I'm away from home, and you're the older sisters I've always wanted to have. I can't wait to meet all the girls you usher into our home and I'm counting down the days until I can jump off stage to you all.

See you on the other side! One month can't be that long... right?

(P.S. please enjoy this photo edit of some lovely ZTA women on their bid day. I can't wait to experience the excitement they have in their photo with you all in a short month!) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017