I Am A Sorority Woman.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015


I am proud. Proud to be apart of a community that is so passionate in changing the way the world perceives the word "sorority." Earlier this month, Delta Gamma launched a hashtag to get the conversation started about what it really means to be a sorority woman today. In a world where movies and raunchy TSM/TFM articles pilot the way that we sorority woman are characterized, it can be difficult at times to show the world who and what we really are. While sororities in movies are made up for entertainment and the people behind the TSM articles are out to make a profit, the quick laughs they bring can do a lot of damage to the idea of being Greek. I fully support Delta Gamma's efforts to redefine our stereotypes and thought it high time to share my own two cents. Besides being a sorority woman, here are some other things that make me me: 

I am a lover of cheesy romantic comedies. 
I am a die-hard planner nerd. 
I am a coffee addict. 
I believe in experiencing as many things as I possibly can.
I am a member of my university's housing staff. 
I believe in the potential of my sisters. 
I am an adventurer and a dreamer. 
I believe in getting a solid, rounded education.

I am a sorority woman. 

So, let's keep the conversation going. Join in on the hashtag and share what makes you, you. I fully believe this is a movement that could change the way we are perceived as collegiate women, and I want to hear what makes you a sorority woman. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017