Brunch

Sunday, March 15, 2015

This Saturday, a good friend of mine took me out to brunch with her. I took it in celebration of making it through the week-because let's face it: college was getting the best of me. While we were out and about downtown, we stopped to snap some quick pics of my outfit!

I love this dress, and it's been hanging in my closet since the fall just waiting for a perfect outing. What I love about this look is how laid back it is while still looking like I tried that day. The twist on a shift dress by adding tiers is so fun, and it was quirky enough to wear around town.

Good Monster, a digital marketing agency, helps other businesses (especially local businesses!) create great experiences for their costumers. After learning about their mission, I got to thinking about my favorite local businesses and what I love about them. For me, brunch is best from local business because you can honestly tell they care about what kind of food they're serving. Whether I'm in Rochester, Royal Oak, or Birmingham, I've found that brunch is best served local. Not to mention you become a regular and before you know it your coffee is being served right when you're seated (I'm guilty of this...).

I also love what local business stands for. It's the American Dream, after all. People are putting their passion into something they value and the product is always amazing. The attention to detail and the care they put in cannot be surpassed by global chains.  I also love local markets, my favorite being the Eastern Market in Detroit. The atmosphere of the tents, the fresh produce, and the amazing food trucks keep me coming back all through the spring, summer, and fall.

Some of my favorite local places are: Bean and Leaf Cafe, Dessert Oasis, Red Knapps, Michigan Artisans, K Thai, and Shop. Play. Love.

(Although honestly, my list could go one for much longer!)


What's your favorite local business?
---
LMJ

*Quick thank you to Kate for getting insta/blog-perfect pictures for me! I am so appreciative!*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017