Chit Chatting with Emma!

Friday, March 6, 2015

If you've ever taken a peek over at the list of blogs I love, you've seen Dash of Serendipity in the side bar. I recently reached out to Emma, the brains and beauty behind the blog, and asked her some questions about blogging, her personal style, and college! Working with Emma on this interview was so much fun and I hope to share more blogging experiences with her in the future! She is such a sweet and genuine person and I could night have been more thrilled to interview her! 

{via}

1 | You’ve shared on your blog that you live near New York City. Did the concrete jungle inspire your blog title at all?

That’s actually really interesting.  While my connection with the city didn’t inspire my blog’s title I think it definitely relates to it.  Serendipity is defined by “the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way” and has a lot to do with why I love New York.  The possibilities are endless so a lot of what I do while I’m there happens spontaneously based on what is happening around me. 

{via}

2 | Recently you posted about changing your major on your blog- did blogging inspire this change and help you make the switch from business to fashion media has it always been something that's interested you career wise? 

My blog and presence on social media has definitely motivated me to decide to pursue a different track.  I’ve realized that if I love blogging and learning about fashion and the media that surrounds it I should pursue a career that focuses on that.  Business just wasn’t doing that for me.  My dream job would involve a career doing social media for a company in the fashion industry, I just didn’t know what I should do to get there before. 

{via}

3 | Many of my peers have been debating changing their major or have already changed their major, much like you. Did you feel stressed about this change, or are you overall more relieved and excited to be studying something you are passionate about?

Since I hadn’t declared my major yet it was really easy to “switch”. I still haven’t declared, but I at least now know what I’m doing and I’m confident that it’s what I want.  I can tell it would’ve been stressful to have made this decision a semester or two down the road so I am happy I was able to realize what I wanted before I put too much time and effort into my business classes. 

{via

4 | It is pretty clear from your blog that you favor classic pieces. Have you always loved this look or is there a specific moment that shaped your personal style into what it is today?

I’ve always been a fan of classic looks, though I think it came to me gradually.  Both my parents dress in a very classic, preppy style so as a young girl I was always exposed to it.  However, there definitely was a time, around fifth grade, where I was a little lost, fashion wise.  A little bit of a “tom boy” phase, but we don’t have to go into it.  It was a dark time.  Going to a private high school with a pretty strict dress code sort of forced me to explore further my love for the classic style, and I’m grateful for that.  

{via}

5 | Are there any fashion icons that you would relate your style to?

Olivia Palermo.  She’s just so gorgeous and her style is flawless.  I admire how she embodies a classic look while still staying on trend and I think her style really resembles mine right now, or at least where I’d like mine to be.  

{via}

6 | While you’ve been blogging, you’ve run a few series on your blog- out of all the series you’ve done, which has ended up to be your favorite?

This is such a tough question! I really love a lot of the series I’ve done. Friday Finds and my monthly music playlists are fun because I get to show a side of me that wouldn’t normally be displayed on my blog. I see Friday Finds as a way to share things that have caught my eye that week, so they may not always be related to the things I post on my blog. I’ve shared sports documentaries I’ve liked or even random fun facts about my life that week. With my playlists each month I get to share the type of music I have been listening to.  Music is such a personal thing and it can say a lot about a person. I find it surprising sometimes to see what other people are listening to so that’s why I share my playlists. 

{via}

7 | You’ve been running Dash of Serendipity for a while now and your success has been truly inspiring- you are honestly one of the bloggers that gave me my push into blogging! Through your time on DoS, what has been your favorite and most memorable experience thus far?

Thank you so much! It’s crazy to hear that something I started for fun has had an impact on other people’s lives.  I think sometimes I forget that other people are reading my blog besides myself! My favorite moments are the little ones.  It’s funny when people in real life find out about my blog because they always have different reactions, most of them positive thankfully.  One of my favorite moments happens each day when I look at the comments on that day’s post.  I try to end each post with a question and I love hearing the answers because I get to hear about my reader’s lives and that’s really interesting to me. 

{via}

I just wanted to say thank you again to Emma for allowing me to interview her! She is such a sweetheart and I feel so honored to have gotten to interview! 

For more of Emma, follow along with her on:

---
LMJ

1 comment :

  1. Love this, Lauren! Thanks so much again for interviewing me!
    Emma | dashofserendipityblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017