Coffee Face Mask/Scrub

Friday, May 6, 2016

Hi friends! 

I'm really excited about today's post because it's a combination of a couple things that I thoroughly enjoy: coffee + self pampering. 

I found the recipe for this coffee face mask/scrub a couple of weeks ago, but due to finals week and packing up my tiny dorm room, testing it out got put on the back burner. Now that I'm home for the summer though, it was one of the first things I did (besides sleeping for 12+ hours, that is). 

Here's what you'll need: 

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1tbs ground coffee 
2 tsp lemon juice 
1 tsp honey 

*prior to using the mask, blend all the ingredients together and allow 1 hour for it to set in the fridge*

I recommend leaving the mask on for 15-20 mins, but that's totally up to your own discretion!

I have to say, I was super impressed by this face mask. As someone who has pretty sensitive skin, I'm hesitant to put anything besides my face wash and tried/tested beauty products. I love pampering myself, but unfortunately I have to shy away from any kind of face products for fear of a massive breakout. Maybe it was the fact that all of these ingredients are natural and things I consume normally, but there wasn't any damage done to my face! In fact, my skin felt smoother and firmer. 

All in all, I 10/10 recommend trying this out. Not to mention, it smells delicious while it's working it's magic. 

Let me know if you end up using this, I'd love to know your thoughts! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017