My Lilly x Target Experience

Sunday, April 19, 2015

{via}

If you were anything like me today, you woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed just waiting to get your Lilly x Target items. I hope your endeavors were successful, but the unfortunate truth is that not everyone scored big today (myself included). While I did happen to purchase a thing or two, nothing was on my particular dream list. But don't worry, I'll be sure to post the items in outfit posts soon!

Here's a little rundown of how my night slash morning went while waiting for the line: 

11:00 PM // decided I was much too tired to stay up to wait for the online merchandise to launch (plus I'm a poor college student so buying things with plastic usually leads to trouble) 

11:05 PM // made up my mind that whatever I get in stores is meant to be & that the hassle of sites crashing is way too much stress for me to bare during finals week 

11:10 PM // headed to bed - but not before sending up a lil prayer to the Lilly goddesses hoping for lucky shopping 

6:50 AM // alarm went off because I just had to get to the store an hour before it opened 

7:15 AM // arrived at our suburban out of the way Target only to find that there was already a line of 30 + outside (this is small compared to other stores - I know)

7:16AM  // got in line & tried not to be irritated by the fact that all of the people before me were mothers (what can I say, mother's are vicious when shopping for their daughters. *lowkey was just jealous that I didn't have my mom there to do the same for me*)

7:45 AM // dancing in line because 15 mins until the store opened

8:00 AM // doors opened - it was worse than any Black Friday I've ever experienced 

8:01 AM // customers started sprinting to the clothing sections, so naturally me and my roommate did too 

8:02 AM // snagged a top off the rack after grabbing the wrong size - 3x 

8:05 AM // my "dress" was left in only a size 16 *cries* 

8:10 AM // roomie and I run around rest of the store to find the other displays. spolier: they've already been ransacked 

8:15 AM // we hover by the dressing room waiting for people's rejects 

8:17 AM // decided I should probably try on my shirt, so I make Mellie stand guard for me and scope out the returns rack 

8: 22 AM // some girl leaves with a plethora of dresses and decides she does not want one

8:22 AM (5 seconds have passed) // I try to approach the girl about getting her dress, but she snubs me and ignores me 

8:24 AM // girl calls out "girl with polo hat" in attempts to find me - she's holding the rejected dress! 

8:25 AM // I realize that the dress is actually in my size range 

8:28 AM // I try on the dress - it zips which is a plus 

8: 30 AM // our new game plan is to hover some more

8:40 AM // Mellie informs me of the ebay drama that is already ensuing #justbuyreallilly

8: 45 AM // we volunteer to offer to watch a lady's cart as she tries on dresses in the hopes that she'll give us her rejects 

8:47 AM // we watch the lady trade her rejects with someone else in the fitting room - how rude 

8: 50 AM // we check out feeling half victorious but mostly defeated 

9:00 AM // we head back to campus & are now so hungry we could eat our Target bags, but sadly breakfast doesn't start until 10 

I hope this was a unique and somewhat comical way for me to share my target experience with all of you! I would love to know what you got if you were able to score some items. If you weren't- tell me about your experience! We can wallow in sadness together! 

Despite the collection's insanities, remember: Lilly Pulitzer isn't a $40 shift dress offered at a chain superstore - it's a state of mind, outlook, and bright personality! 
---
LMJ

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017