Documentaries You Need to Watch

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

As of recently (and by that I mean Monday...), I have gotten really into watching documentaries. It all started when my friend suggested an interesting topic (you'll see it below!) and before I knew it I was sitting in the lounge for 4 hours watching documentaries. Typically, people are turned off by documentaries, but I believe it all comes down to content. Here are 4 documentaries streaming on Netflix now that you need to watch.

{via}

I Escaped a Cult | For me, cults are personally so fascinating. This was the documentary that started it all for me and my friends, and it sparked the most interesting debate I've had in a long time. While this is the most controversial subject matter I'll be discussing in this post, it definitely lead to a great discussion on why people join cults and what it's like having to be born into one. I highly recommend it if you're interested in something similar. If you want to know of some more controversial documentaries to watch, send me an e-mail and I'll send some great recommendations your way.

{via}

The Queen of Versailles | If cults aren't your thing, maybe the disgustingly rich is. This documentary follows around the Siegel family and their empire created from time shares. While the focal point in the very beginning is the construction of their 90,000 square foot estate (modeled after the Palace of Versailles), it follows the family's life changes after the stock crash of 2008. This documentary made me feel extremely frustrated at times, but overall I felt it was worth the watch, especially just to hear some of the things come out of the Siegel's mouths.

{via}

Of Two Minds | This one was my personal favorite, but maybe I'm just partial because I feel like psychology is my niche. Following the experiences of various people battling with bipolar disorder, this documentary sheds light on an issue that has been shied away from in modern society. I feel this film excellently depicts the highs and lows of the disorder and the struggles that those suffering from it face on a daily basis. If you're interested in psychopathology like I am, then I am sure this documentary is for you.

{via}

Please Subscribe | I came across this documentary while bed ridden over the weekend and I have to admit that first I was skeptical. Having only been familiar with one relatively famous YouTuber, I didn't think that this film would have the potential to hold my attention. I was wrong. I loved how this documentary shed a little bit of light on the business aspect of YouTube and the lives of those who make a career out of it. While we see their lives online, we don't typically get a peek into it from an angle other than that of the camera. 10/10 would recommend.

What Netflix documentaries have you seen recently? 
---
LMJ

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017