My 2015 Resolutions

Saturday, January 3, 2015



I want to start this post off by saying Happy New Year to all of my readers! This year has really crept up on me... but doesn't that always happen to us at the start of a new year? I must admit that I was timid in making this post. It seems as if each year I make resolutions, and each year I fail to accomplish even half of them. Fortunately I can't help but be excited by the start of the new year and I simply cannot deny myself the chance to set a new list of goals to accompany this fresh start.

Let's get to it now, shall we?

Run a 5k | Running a 5k has been something I've wanted to do for many years now, and over the past summer I've grown quite a liking to running. Throughout the months of June, July, and August, I was able to turn a 2 mile run into a habitual activity - I actually used to get upset when I would miss my morning run- so I figure if I can run 2 miles fairly easy, how much harder could a 5k be? 

Make the dean's list {again} | This semester I qualified for my university's dean's list, and I am determined to make it two more times this year in my winter and fall semesters. 

Try 3 new workout classes | Living on campus has many perks, and one of those perks is having access to free workout classes. In one semester, I have tried out Zumba, step classes, and kick boxing. With a new schedule of classes, there are so many that I want to try out in 2015! 

Post {at least} once a week | This one is HUGE for me. I've had this blog for nearly a year now, but you would never have known this because before my winter break, I hadn't posted since August (yeesh). My goal this year is to post once a week - though hopefully there will be several posts each week for you to read! 

Drink 128oz of water a day | I feel like this resolution needs some explaining... I have a 64oz water bottle and sometimes I barely drink half of this during the day. I know that I need much more water than what I drink daily, so I definitely want to drink two of these bottles a day. 

Get to the gym 3-4 times a week | This one I'm usually pretty good about, so it's on my list purely so that I continue getting my exercise. 

Look more put together | Usually for classes I roll out of bed, tie my hair up, and throw on the nearest piece of clothing to me. That all stops now (I hope). I hope that by taking the time to wake up earlier and make myself presentable that I will focus more on studies. Dress well, test well, am I right? This also means more outfit posts for you guys! 

Take care of myself | This one is so so so important. I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of yourself. This year I want to focus on maintaining a peaceful state of mind, body, and soul.

Start my days earlier | How can I put this simply? I am not a morning person. But, I would like to be. This year I want to wake up earlier and be more productive with my days. 

What are your resolutions / goals for 2015? 

---

LMJ

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017