Monday Musings

Monday, January 12, 2015

{image via}
Another Monday has come and gone, and with it brings a new week full of opportunity. Here's what's been on my mind this Monday:

Fear | Fear is honestly so... stupid. Since Thursday I have been consumed with fear over going to my English class because it was scary and uncharted waters for me. I've always excelled in English courses but had never taken one on the college level (not to mention I was fairly intimidated by an e-mail my professor had sent out just an hour after I had transferred into her class). I guess what I'm getting at is that fear is really just silly. Why, as a human race, do we psych ourselves out for things that we cannot control? (Unfortunately if you're coming to me for that answer, I have not the slightest clue.)

Cold | I'm not sure about you, but my state/home/campus is absolutely freezing right now. Don't get me wrong, the snow is gorgeous, but the wind... It's just bitingly cold. By the end of this winter I'm hoping to have some awesomely toned legs because I have been walking to and from classes so quickly. If I'm being honest, I didn't think I could even walk this fast.

Dave Matthews Band | So maybe I just have a really eclectic sense of music, but as of late I've been listening to a lot more of the Dave Mathews Band than usual. They're older and had most of their success in the 90s I'd say, but they're definitely something to put on your playlist. (Fun fact: I actually went to a Dave Matthews Band concert this summer with my boyfriend for our anniversary.)

Breelovesbeauty | I'm going to share something with all of you right now: I love watching beauty guru's on youtube. I follow a good handful of them, but the one person I always come back to is Cambria (better known as breelovesbeauty). She is honestly so positive and motivating. She is so much more than a normal beauty guru and her videos are completely awe-inspiring. If you need a good kick in the butt to get into an active lifestyle or you just want to make positive changes in your life, check her out here. Her videos are so motivating and I can almost guarantee that your mindset will become positive after you finish watching. (PS, her vlogs will make you totally wish you lived on the beach in Cali like she does!)

Intro to film | While I'm not a film/cinema studies major (I'm currently studying psychology), I had an art credit that needed to be fulfilled through my gen eds. While I'm sure that learning art history would have been absolutely riveting, I chose to take an intro to film studies class instead. Basically, I watch a movie on Mondays and attend a lecture on Wednesdays. Pretty simple, right? Well this class is actually pretty interesting. My professor actually mixed it up a little bit and had us film a 1min long silent film. I just finished mine today, and I'm hoping he finds it amusing and worthy of an A (HUGE thank you to my awesome roomie and my pal Ang for starring in it for me).

Sick bladez man | This past weekend was winter welcome weekend at my university. One of the perks of going to a smaller university means that we get a good handful of events thrown for us that we don't have to pay for. Friday night was one of those nights, and we had rollerblading in the banquet rooms of our student center. Even though I'm pretty ungraceful on roller blades, it was a really great event, and it was one of those moments that really made me appreciate my campus and all it has to offer.

That's all for my Monday, what's been on your mind today? 
---
LMJ

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017