Monday Musings

Monday, January 19, 2015


If I've stayed consistent with anything on this blog of mine, it's been my Monday Musing's. I don't know what it is about this post, but taking the time to reflect on my day has been something I look forward to all week long. There's something so cathartic about taking a moment to reflect and getting into a peaceful state of mind.

But enough with this chit-chat, I know you're all here to find out what I've been musing over today!

Recruitment | My sorority has finished our informal recruitment this past week, and I am so excited to welcome new sisters! This was my first time on the sorority side of recruitment, and there are literally so many things that I learned. I had no idea that so much happens behind the scenes, and while I always knew that our recruitment VP was an important position, I was filled with new appreciation for our RMVP. Also, good luck / congratulations for all of those who have found their homes during winter recruitment!

French soda | Today I was blessed enough to meet up with some of my close friends from high school. The long weekend brought a lot of people closer to home, and seeing my two friends was extremely nice. After our coffees, a cool drink was much needed! I tried a French version of creme soda and I must say that it was simply delicious! Definitely a must-try beverage for those who haven't tasted it yet!

Home cooked meals | For the long weekend, I visited my boyfriend at his university. On the way back to my school at the end of my stay, I had to swap cars back at home since I took my dad's truck. While I was at home, my mom made a roast for me to eat before I headed back up to school. I super appreciated how she started it early so that I could sit down and have a meal with my family - plus, who doesn't love a home cooked meal (especially when it's better than dining hall food)?

Comments | As a college freshman, my mind is often times trying to do 40 things at once. This sometimes leaves me drained and in need of some inspiration for future blog posts. If you have an idea of something you would love to see on the blog, don't be shy! Drop a comment on a post of shoot me an e-mail! I love hearing from you guys!

Uptown Funk | This is literally my jam. Annmarie, if you're reading this, you know how much I love this song (her and I literally leave the gym blasting this). I can't tell if it's the beat or the amusing lyrics, but I think this song has such a different vibe as opposed to everything else on the radio.

Blue, man | This weekend I visited my boyfriend at his university. Part of my Christmas present was tickets to see Blue Man Group, and I am so grateful to him and his family for letting me experience so many new things with them! I feel extremely blessed to have him in my life this was another moment that I was glad to have shared with him.

That's about all for my Monday! How was your Monday?
---
LMJ

1 comment :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017