Monday Musings

Monday, January 11, 2016

{via}

So this Monday, I'm doing things a little bit differently. I've been looking at this picture from quite some time since I changed it to be my twitter header, and it's honestly provoked quite a bit of thought. As I've been staring at the fireworks burst, I can't help but think about how opportunities come and go in a blink of an eye; how a calm moment can be disrupted by a bang and a flash of light. The nature of fireworks parallels our lives, to a degree.

Chances come and go, moments pass, and we are left with two choices: to take action, or to idle by as life continues on around us. We can run away from problems and difficulties, or we can face them head on. This weekend has dealt me a fair share of opportunities for action, and I'll be the first to admit that my natural reaction is to close the blinds, shut off the lights, and hibernate in my room at the first thoughts of an uncomfortable moment. I believe this to be many people's first thoughts as well.

It's scary to decide to act and to put yourself out there and to make yourself vulnerable. The human response is to avoid unpleasant experiences, but we do not grow from remaining in our comfort zones our entire lives. Growth requires acts of bravery, no matter how big or small those acts may be. To be brave doesn't necessarily mean to conquest great obstacles, but sometimes to listen to the voice in our mind that tells us we can take the first step.

I suppose the purpose of this tangent filled post is this:

If you have ever been looking for a sign or a reason, this is it. 

The moment will never be perfect, because frankly life isn't perfect. If you wait around, that sought after moment won't come. So act. Act now and act bravely. Listen to the voice telling you that you are strong and courageous, because you are.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017