Everyday Yoga

Friday, February 12, 2016

{via}

Finding a state of mindfulness and setting intentions for my daily life has become a goal of mine over the last couple of months. My favorite way to do this is through yoga. While I hit up a class every Thursday at my campus rec, I also make it a point to practice in my downtime or in moments of stress. 

Following your own flow can be difficult if you're not used to an unstructured practice, so I've taken a few of my favorite moves and boiled them down to a simple routine for you all! 

everyday yoga

start: child's pose
cat pose
downward facing dog
warrior 1 pose
warrior 2 pose
end: child's pose

I recommend you hold each of these poses for at least one minute. When in child's pose, tune into your body and let your breath fill all open spaces. Use this as a time to become more aware of your thoughts and set your intentions for the day, evening, or week ahead. For a printable version of this practice, click here!

Namaste!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017