Dairy-free Chunky Monkey

Friday, July 10, 2015


I love ice cream. Like... love. And my favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey. It is to die for and I can honestly say nothing compares to it. Unfortunately, Ben & Jerry's can be pricey.

For some reason, a lightbulb literally went off in my head and I was just like "wait a minute... I can make this myself". I love banana ice cream and I already knew how to make it, so adding a few simple extras completed the bowl giving me the perfect homemade Chunky Monkey - dairy free, might I dd!

Ingredients:
2 ripened bananas
1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts

Directions:
In a blender, mix together your 2 ripened bananas. Put you mixture into a small tupperware container, add in your chocolate chips and walnuts, stir the mixture up, and pop it into the freezer. Let it chill for about 45mins-1 hour or until frosty (don't let it freeze completely or else it will turn into more of a sorbet-ice mixture than a creamy ice cream).  Scoop into a bowl (or eat it out of the container- I won't judge!) and that's it! Super easy and only 3 ingredients!

Have you ever made banana "ice cream"?
---
LMJ

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, this sounds incredible! I love making desserts with frozen bananas (I call it "nice cream") so I will have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the phrase "nice cream!" I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017