3 recipes to try before heading back to college

Wednesday, July 27, 2016


Hi friends! 

My move-in date is quickly approaching, and there are so many recipes I want to whip up in the kitchen before it's back to things I can prep weekends in advance & microwave back at school (or there's also the dreaded cafeteria food + transfer meal options). 

I'm not sure that I would call myself a foodie, necessarily, but I love food with artful presentation and even better taste. Through some fellow bloggers and also pinterest, I've found three recipes I am itching to try before I lose access to my home kitchen. 

1 // These dark chocolate peanut butter cups look to die for! They're also vegan, so the guilt of over-processed and unnecessary ingredients is also kicked to the curb! (Plus, I think the dark chocolate would cut some of the over-sweetness I sometimes find comes along with PB cups.)

2 // This recipe is a little more timely, but something I really want to make in big batches so I can easily throw it in my snapwear and bring it to work when I'm too rushed to make something. I absolutely love the sofrita bowls from chipotle, and I can honestly say I don't miss eating their meat at all. The seasoning of the sofrita tofu actually tastes better to me. I think this recipe would be awesome for those who like to meal prep for multiple dinners at a time, as it makes 4-6 servings! 

3 // Zucchini may not seem like a super appealing vegetable to some, but there are so many things you can do with zucchini! I've had it grilled, made into bread, and also had it fried before, but the one thing I've been wanting to try is zucchini pizza boats. I like the simplicity of this recipe, though I think I would want to turn mine into margherita zucchini pizza boats (because honestly, margherita pizza is the best, hands down). 


Happy cooking!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017