Monday Musings

Monday, August 1, 2016


1 // I am officially so sick of driving after a weekend of running back and forth places. Thinking about driving more today actually makes my eye start to twitch a little bit. I am more than ready to be back on campus at the pulse of things.

2 // This past week I invested in a new planner. I'm a totally paper junkie, and my life isn't truly organized (though when is it ever), if I don't physically write things down. I purchased this Happy Planner, and I am so excited to start filling it up with memories and dates to come. What I like most about this is the similarity to the EC layout, but at a serious fraction of the price (with a coupon, I scored this beaut for under $10- major steal in my books). I'm impressed so far, and am looking at stickers to jazz up the weekly spreads. Once I get the hang of it, I'll work on a planner peek post! 

3 // While stalking someone on twitter (#guilty), I came across two lists I found very intriguing. One was a list of cruelty free beauty products, the other a list of brands/products that still conduct animal testing. While I wasn't necessarily shocked by how many brands I frequently put on my face do animal testing, it left a sour taste in my mouth. I was shocked, however to find how many brands DON'T test on animals. Did you know that E.L.F. is cruelty free? At their price point, it may be worth it to switch to some of their products. Seeing the list made me more conscientious of the harm my makeup inflicts, and I'm planning to move to more cruelty free products one my existing supply dwindles down. Be on a look out for a post about that as well! 

4 // I feel like each week I have a new song that I scream "this is such a bop!!!" to my friends when mentioning it in conversation. This week it's Closer by the Chainsmokers + Halsey. The beat honestly gets me the most about this song and when it comes on when I'm driving to work, I'm guilty of paying more attention to the song than the road at times. 

5 // This week is proving to be a jam packed one already. Between bae time, work, packing back up for school (lol, less than two weeks & I never even unpacked), I've also got  a trip to Canada thrown into the mix. I'm excited for the quick trip because I'm going with my homegirl Abby and our boys + some of my other favorites. Surprisingly, I've got my outfit already picked out, so maybe I'll snag some pics of it amidst the night of fun I'm surely going to have. GBless enhanced licenses and the mitten being so close to the border. 

6 // As I'm sure everyone is aware, thanks to Snapchat, Harry Potter's birthday was basically an international holiday. With the release of a new book (!!!) and the grand opening of the Cursed Child in London, there was much to celebrate. I, myself, was able to get my hands on a copy of the Cursed Child (thx daddio), and I am excited to dive back into the magical world of Harry Potter. I'm being super weird, though, and holding off on actually cracking the spine of my copy because I know once I start reading I won't stop until it's finished and I'm not sure I'm ready for the magic to be over just yet. No spoilers, please! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017