Being Real.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016


There's a difference in how I am in real life versus how I am able to portray myself on social media. While the difference isn't drastic and I feel that I'm pretty transparent with most of what's happening in my life, there's sometimes a disconnect. 

Coming up with Wednesday posts has become somewhat of a challenge for me. I love posting content three days a week. Monday's are always fun because it serves as a nice way to reflect on my week and set some intentions for the week ahead. Fridays are typically a day where I post something I'm currently loving, whether it be music, fashion, or articles I feel are worth sharing. But Wednesdays... Wednesdays are hard. 

I like to share a more real side of my life on Wednesdays. Whether it be current thoughts I have or a simple emotion, I always like to make those posts more personal. What do you do, though, when you want to be real yet still uphold an image of being put together and certain? 

It's taken me a very long time to acknowledge that my blog, my social media platforms- those are my highlights real. And that's the same for everyone who shares their lives on the internet. Nobody wants to be showcasing their worst moments for all to see. I know that I certainly don't. 

It's been especially difficult for me to come up with "real" content over the course of the last week. Between being stressed about classes, losing track of time, and in general just not being in the best of moods, I've become clueless as to what I want to share for all the world to see. 

What I'm asking for is patience and support as I try to find a middle ground between maintaining a level of transparency about my life and also keeping my blog from being too dark as I try to figure out my life. Also, thank you to those that read my blog no matter how inconsistent, unplanned, and sporadic my posts can become. 

Here's to figuring it all out. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017