Why You Need Coconut Oil

Friday, June 19, 2015

There are tons of claims constantly going around about how great coconut oil is for you. Being curious by nature, I picked myself up a jar of the stuff and decided to put it to my own little test. I've learned and you will all be benefiting from my mistakes, lucky ducks! Here's my 5 favorite uses for coconut oil:

Makeup remover | My favorite way to put coconut oil to work is to remove my makeup. I wear waterproof everything, so getting my makeup off can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. With coconut oil, it's not. Like, at all. Seriously, rubbing this into your eyelashes for a few seconds gets waterproof eyeliner / mascara off like it's nothing. 

Lip balm | I like to swipe a thin layer of this across my lips every few nights to ensure they stay moisturized (every night if it's the winter). Your lips will never be softer, I promise. 

Shaving | This was a little bit weird to do while living in a college dorm room, but lathering up your legs with coconut oil not only gives you a close shave, but it will also keep your legs smooth for days after shaving. 

Feet | I'm prone to getting rough heels (I got it from my momma?) and it can be extremely frustrating at times, especially now that it's sandal season. At night, rubbing a dime sized amount of coconut oil into each heel softens up my feet better than anything else I've tried (just be careful, your heels will be a smidge greasy). 

Hair | If your hair is in serious need of some TLC, rub a small (and I mean small) amount of coconut oil into the ends of your hair. If your hair is fine like mine, only put it in the ends and then rinse it out thoroughly. If your hair is a little more on the course side and you're feeling ballsy, go for your full head of hair. Again, rinse it out thoroughly. Your hair will be feeling soft and oh-so touchable for days on end. 

Do you use coconut oil in any other ways? 
---
LMJ

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017