Monday Musings

Monday, June 29, 2015


Kayla Itsines / Kayla's Bikini Body Guide (BBG for short) has been blowing up lately and I have to admit to you all that I have jumped on the bandwagon! I officially started her guides today after doing her free week of workouts and I now understand what the phrase "death by Kayla" actually means. Leg day's got me feeling like jello, so let's all hope I can walk tomorrow! 

WOWOTD / Work-out wear of the day, duh! Pictured above is what I wore to workout while doing Kayla's first day of guides. I personally have to match my outfits and look cute while working out, so this is always a fun way for me to get motivated before a workout. Let me know if you'd be interested in my pictures / posts such as this one! Maybe compiled into a week to go along with the 12 weeks of BBG? 

Fam / I missed my sorority family too much and I am so happy I got to see my Big and GrandBig today. I don't know what it is, but they make me feel calm in a chaotic world. I'm going to miss them when I have to disassociate soon... 

Birthday / My birthday is this Thursday, so you know what that means- it's my birth-week. That's right, I'm super lame and like to celebrate me for a whole week. I don't make others do it, but it's something I personally enjoy doing each year. For the whole week leading up to my birthday, I pamper myself in small ways and just appreciate where I am in life and how far I've come, as well as my goals for another great year. My pampering can be anything as small as a splurge drink at starbucks or a manicure, just something to say "wow you're doing great, way to be you."

Journaling / You should try this. It's super therapeutic and calms me down tremendously. I had a super stressful weekend and I'm telling you I must've taken up ten pages in my journal just writing down every thing floating around my mind. It's a great way to clear up some head space and to grasp the gravity of your situation and see that things maybe aren't that bad. 

America / America's favorite holiday is coming up this weekend! What better way to don your American pride than by going all out on the Fourth? I personally love this holiday because of Tumblr and how patriotic it gets for one day. Sure we love America and the freedom but it's all full throttle July 4th. What's your favorite part of the holiday weekend? 

Hope you had as amazing of a Monday as I did! 
---
LMJ

2 comments :

  1. I can't tell you how impressed I am with how well your workout outfit matches! Whenever I go to workout or run, I'm always wearing clashing colors...so bravo!!:)
    xo
    Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you Syd! For whatever reason I'm more likely to workout if my outfits cute!

      Delete

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017