Monday Musings

Monday, June 27, 2016


Hi friends! 

Real quick, just wanted to brag about my own chaco / kayak pic- I feel like I've finally made it in the adventure season... anyways, here are the musings: 

Mountains // I am 110% convinced that everyone needs to get some mountain air in there lungs at least once in their life. I feel refreshed and itching to get back onto some trails after my week in the smokies. Stay tuned for some pics coming this week! 

Dreamin' // After watching an episode of House Hunters & hearing about a family who visited all 50 states before their children graduated, I decided that is something I definitely want to do. There's so much to explore in the US alone, and I think it would be awesome to say I've been to all 50 states (especially wanting to head to the southwest!). 

Bastille // Good Grief by Bastille is my new jam. I'm obsessed. This song makes me feel all types of feels, I can't even explain it. Check it out (and the rest of my summer playlist) here

Crispy // After spending Saturday on the water & exploring a park nearby with Auj, I can confirm that I am a little overdone. My skin has undergone shades ranging from lululemon bag red to flaming hot cheetos red. Don't even ask how much aloe I've gone through... 

Listen // I've been making more efforts to become more in tune with my body, and I've really taken to listening to my body. Between lifting weights, working more than I maybe ever have, and just attempting to be more active, it's been really important for me to keep a balance on pushing myself and pushing myself too far. Take rests when you need them, eat when you're hungry, and learn the difference of not wanting to as opposed to not being able to- it has made the world's difference for me already. 

Countdown // My best friend + soulmate Abby comes home from her European travels at the end of this week and I cannot wait. We're a package deal in most people's eyes, so the fact that I have only had the ability to facebook message her a handful of times over the month that she's been gone is extremely weird to me. I cannot wait for her to come back home! 

Fun fact // For those of you who didn't know, it's my birth week! (Yes, I'm totally one of those girls who attempts to celebrate all week long...) Since my birthday falls insanely close to the 4th of July, I try to spend a whole week on myself, whether that mean meeting up with friends, or ordering a fancy drink at Starbucks that I normally would never get. It's nice to treat myself for a week, especially considering nobody is ever around for my actual birthday anyways. Any other July babies feel my pain?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017