Monday Musings

Monday, December 28, 2015

{via}

NYE // New Years Eve is only a few days a way, and I cannot wait to ring in the new year with my favorite people. I always look forward to New Years Eve because it's like a fresh start. It presents a new year full of possibilities, and at the end of a long semester, what could be more exciting?

Harry Potter // This past weekend was Harry Potter weekend, so I appropriately sat myself in front of my TV, snuggled in with multiple blankets, and binge watched my way through the series. I'm also working my way through the books again, so in between commercial breaks, I cracked the spine of the Goblet of Fire once again, really rounding out the entire series and making for a very Harry weekend.

Euchre // By some sort of miracle I maybe might have caught onto euchre (but let's pay heavy emphasis on the word *maybe* before we get ahead of ourselves). I've got to give a lot of credit to Matt and his family for being patient with me while I blew round after round, but there's a fighting chance that I can impress my friend Abby now that I've got a better concept of the game. (Also, I have to call out Matt for looking at my hand every. single. round. Thanks bae.)

Abbae // Speaking of Abby, I get to see her this week! I can't wait to road trip it out to PH to see my long lost best friend (it's only been a week, but still...). I can't wait to eat copious amounts of food, watch movies, and play with her dog. But mostly, I can't wait to catch up. Some conversations are just too good for text messages.

Break // It's my last week of break, and it could not be more bittersweet. On one hand, I miss my friends and oddly enough, the campus rec. On the other hand, I know I'm going to dread piles of homework and waking up for my 8AM. If only I could hit the pause button on this break and make it last another few days longer.

Weather // Michigan got the memo late and decided to hit us with a sleet storm today. Needless to say, I'm basically confined to my house until it lifts. I don't think this is what people meant when they said they wanted a white Christmas at all. To be perfectly honest, I don't see all the hype with snow. I would be just as happy to live down south in the winter, but that's some wishful thinking.

Here's to a week of finishing out the year strong! 
P.S. Notice anything different? LSoM has been getting a facelift! To add to the layout change, I'm planning out some more new content. What would you know to see? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017