Looking Back

Thursday, December 31, 2015

 
This past year has been quite the journey. I stepped outside of my comfort zone, went Rho Gamma for my school's Panhellenic Recruitment, found true and fantastic friends, and discovered ways to laugh more each and every day than I ever thought possible.
 I spent time outdoors and re-connected with myself. I grew as an individual and learned so much about what it means to make yourself happy. Though at times I've thought it was selfish to focus on my needs, I learned that taking time for yourself is necessary. 
I've began to collect moments (and take pictures of them, of course) and appreciate the people I surround myself with rather than things. The difference having genuine friends in your life is incredible, and I am forever grateful for those I consider my forever friends. 
I learned that distance really can make the heart grow fonder. Spending a month away from some of my nearest and dearest friends may be one of the hardest things I've done within Panhellenic, but it also helped me to realize my passions.
 Laughter was never in short supply over the past year, either. I've never felt more joy in my life than I have in these last few months, and I truly credit it to surrounding myself with those who are like-minded. Appreciating the little things has left so much room in my heart for happiness.
 I've also experienced the blessing of finding a best friend when you least expect to. I haven't realized how much I would need some people until the were suddenly apart of my life. Having friendships this special makes me extremely grateful for all the memories we have shared and also the ones we have yet to make.
 Making myself happy was a lesson I learned near the end of the year. It is so so important to know how to make yourself happy, but it is also equally as important to allow yourself to be with those that add to your happiness. Never depend on a person singularly, but allow yourself to share your life with those who make you smile and laugh (and most importantly, those who will leave JB on in the car for you because they know how much you love him-even if he was just on the other station).
 2015 was also filled with my favorite meal (brunch) in great abundance. May we all experience the deliciousness of brunch with great company and good conversation. I don't think people take the time to talk to each other face to face as much, and brunch is one of my favorite ways to do so.
In the coming year, I hope to experience as much joy, happiness, learning, and laughter as I have in 2015. While much has changed, I could not be prouder of where the year has taken me. Here's to another year of intentionally and genuinely living life.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017