Center Yourself + Feel Grateful

Saturday, November 26, 2016

{original via}

I haven't been very nice to myself lately. 

As someone who is very Type A, I'm often critical of myself, and recently that has lead to me going overboard on my own personal expectations. 

To be frank, I am worn out from this semester. I have been vastly overcommitted; I took on too many writing intensives that came along with all too much reading, and balancing work and play was nearly non-existent.

My capacity has been maxed out. I have not much left to give to others, let alone myself.

So...what comes next?

Creating Grace. Creating forgiveness. Busting up the spaces in my heart and soul that have become boarded up with feelings I no longer have room for. To give myself space to grow, it's time I start dusting off the corners that have just become filled with cobwebs.

Perhaps this is the part where I become all "hippy-dippy," as my friends would refer to it. I have taken to many different behaviors, none of them limited to finding mantras to live out, prayers to send up, practices to carry out, and thoughts to wrangle with.

My biggest thing has been my mantra. I repeat it frequently.

Today will be what it will be. I will be who I am. And there will be beauty in both.

I cling to this. I'm not sure why this hits my soul so deeply, but boy does it. It reminds me that I can be messy and wild and unhinged and creative and beautiful all at the same time. That my life can be the same. That not everything has to follow a distinct, clear-cut path. The road of life is messy, so why do I keep grappling to tether it down, to force it into clean, perfectly labeled boxes?

Let's be grateful for what we have in this very moment. For the mess and the beauty of it all living so in (and sometimes out of) sync with one another. Let's be proud of who we are, all of the wild we possess within ourselves, for all the fires that are ignited within our souls. Let's start to cast away our anxieties, our worries, our doubts, and just find the beauty in simplicity; in just being able to breath.

Let's start to dig deep into our roots and just be.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017