Be Selfish.

Sunday, November 20, 2016


I am over-committed.

I am a yes woman. I think I can take on everything thrown my way just to find out days later that I only crumble under the pressure of it all. 

I am not a perfect human being. I am not limitless. I was born into a world created with a set number of hours in the day, limiting me to what can be accomplished in a 24 hour time span. I cannot do it all. 

When I cannot do it all, I am selfish. I pull back. I use my extensions; I ask for them. I miss my meetings, I cancel my plans. I take a breath, I collect myself, I prioritize. 

I give myself Grace. 

In a world where we are constantly on the go, where we are expected to respond in a nanosecond or less, be selfish. 

Allow yourself to pause. Allow yourself to be in the present moment, to just be. 

Take a run, take a hike. Sling the hammock, grab a book, watch some netflix. Go for a drive and scream the lyrics to whatever trash is on the radio at the present moment. Go to church, go to the mall, go to the library. Go to the place where you can just be. 

In a world where don't stop moving, be selfish; sit still. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017