Monday Musings

Monday, September 12, 2016


1// Recruitment week is officially here! Yesterday we had our orientation, and now everything's set into motion. Getting to see all the women yesterday interested in recruitment reminds me why I do this. Their excitement for Greek life lights a flame within me that makes all the stress, long nights, and seemingly endless planning all worth it. I cannot wait to see how this week plays out! 

2// This weekend was one for the books. A boomin' planner kept me busy, but by far my favorite night was the Risky Business party. I love a good theme, and this one was funny just because the entire venue was hundreds of people all dressed the same. 

3// Upper level classes really are no joke. I wish I could tell you all how much reading I've been doing. I also wish I could go back in time and tell myself that all writing intensive courses were not my smartest idea. Either way, I'm taking the challenge and planning for the best. 

4// Living in Michigan my entire life, you would think that the unpredictable weather wouldn't surprise me anymore, but 20 years later, here we are...still baffled. All week it's been crazy high 90* weather, humid, and unbearable, but now all of a sudden it's perfect fall weather. I'm hoping to ride this out a little bit because to be honest I'm really missing the fall fashion right now. 

5// I have finally been able to get back into the swing of reading for my own enjoyment, and I'm so glad I did. Honestly, it used to be one of my favorite things to do and it feels good to crack a book open each night, even if it's only for half an hour. 

6// After a long and stressful week, I am immensely reminded why self care is so important. It's taking some time, but I'm currently trying to strike the balance of finishing my to-do lists while also taking care of myself. So far, I've been successful in my efforts, and I'm looking forward to when this is no longer such an effortful thing and rather just a habit. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017