3 Books to Read in 2017

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Reading is one of my favorite past times, and with a luxuriously long break ahead of me I finally have the time to read again. In the last sixth months I have slowly read some wonderful books that would be great to kick of the new year & now it's time to share them all with you!




































































Breaking Busy.
This book was a delightful read. Alli Worthington spills some seriously God-given truth about what it means to get off the hamster wheel in order to pursue what you were created to do. I loved how light hearted her words danced across the page, but even more I loved how this book gave concrete and attainable steps to stop being crazy busy. 10/10 recommend to anyone who wants to stop feeling tethered to their phones, stop saying yes to unfulfilling demands, and who wants to finally feel freed from too many obligations.


Eat Pray Love.
I cannot tell you enough how much I utterly enjoyed this book. I love reading other people's stories and hearing their truths, and this book was no exception. Gilbert's story touched my life when I needed it most. It was a wonderful (and true) tale about finding spirituality, finding peace, and also finding pasta against some of the most beautiful backdrops known to man. I loved this book and honestly I cherish the words that leapt off the pages at me. 

If You Find This Letter.
Wow. Wow wow wow. This book was SO flippin good. Hannah writes with so much passion and so much raw emotion and I have yet to come across a book as real as this one. I cannot put into words how I feel about this book, but I think the idea of leaving strangers letters to find is beautiful. This is not a book you can blow through easily, and if you read this book I really recommend that you savor on each chapter. 

What are your recommended reads for 2017?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017