Dress for Success.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

In my book, style goes a long way. Though I appreciate a classic wardrobe, comfort is always key, and that statement rings truer than true during exam week. With them being in full swing, I wanted to look both cute, but also remain a sensible amount of movement and functionality, because when I look great, I feel confident. And we all know confidence in ourselves helps us keep our head a little taller, our backs a little straighter, and our smile a little brighter. If your in need of some serious fashion inspiration, hopefully my outfits of the week can give you some assistance.


For Monday I was keeping it simple and casual. With my red long sleeve tee and dark skinny jeans from American Eagle, I kept the look classic. Though most might shudder at the thought of actual jeans in this day and age, this pair in particular are the comfiest I've ever purchased, and they fit me like an absolute glove. My heather knit scarf is from H&M, and it has easily risen to the top of my favorites. While it's heavy and keeps me warm on those brisk mornings where I don't want to leave my bed, it's light enough for school and every day use. And I mean everyday. My riding boots are from Target, believe it or not, and have been the best show purchase I've ever made. Their surprising quality has so far stood the test of time, as they've been a treasured member of my closet for the past three years. 


I kept the layering to a minimum in Tuesday as well. I pieced together this outfit with sheet luck. My plaid shirt has beautiful floral accents on the sleeves, and the bright pops of blue we're really drawn out by my oversized bubble necklace. What I love about this piece is it's wow factor; it's completely unexpected and makes a bold statement. Heads turn whenever it's draped across my neck. I paired this flannel with my favorite pair of leggings- they're actually athletic pants from Old Navy, they're super thick, comfy, and offer plenty of warmth. My tall moto boots were a Christmas gift from my family, and I love how their edgy vibe offsets the classic prep look, if you will. 


By Wednesday, I usually begin to lose my drive to look cute. Being jump day, my energy level starts to decline, and comfort becomes the main focal point. It kept it extremely simple. My Aztec print yoga pants and from Pink. Though you don't see the band, the funky bright colors make me feel cute, and there's nothing wrong with that, right? My oversized frocket is from the Fratenrity Collection (formally known as the Frat Collection), and is my absolute favorite sweatshirt. It's quality is impeccable, and the pocket design is to die for. Not to mention, this product is made in the US, so you know the high grade cotton is worth the somewhat flashy price tag. 


My final outfit for you all was easily one of my favorites. Being that this days tests were being held in some of my coldest classroom, I went straight to warmth when choosing this outfit. My fleece lined leggings or the day are out of this world. They provide so much warmth, and it's like wearing a blanket, except they're pants. I absolutely love them. Now, onto the good stuff. This item is probably my favorite piece in my closet. My spirit jersey is from Spirit Football Jersey (easy enough, right?) and it is honestly the best thing I've spent a paycheck on. It's thickness is perfect for school use: it's heavier than a normal tee, but lighter than a sweatshirt. I'm never too hot not too cold. It's tie die design is also phenomenal, and the blend of colors is nothing less than impressive. I know for a fact that only a limited amount of this design was printed, but if you're seriously interested, I would check the website. I've found it so worth every penny! 

I hope posting these will give someone some outfit inspiration. I know how it can be when you're struggling with trying to pick out the perfect out- we've all been there before! Leave a comment down below if you would be interested in ore of these, or if you have any certain outfit requests for different functions. I love doing these, and I hope you enjoyed them too! Have a beautiful day, or night, depending on when you read this! Xx. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017