Another Day, Another Coffee Shop

Friday, January 17, 2014

Well it is finally here... Exam week begins on Thursday for me, and in preparation of that, I have been coffee shop hopping, if you will. In the past weekend I have been in three different cafes for hours on end, leaving my slightly jittery and smelling of the house brew.

Here's the interesting thing about coffee shops: the people. All walks of life can be found, brought together by a good cup of Java. If you're anything like me, you people watch at coffee shops. Every type of person imaginable is there. You can find your trendy hipsters with their iced coffees, the CEO powering through their work load and running solely on black coffee, the typical teenage girl, frappuccino in hand, and then... You've got me... 


Headphones plugged in, wearing a signature scarf, and well, taking a selfie because I'm too wired from the copious amounts of coffee I've consumed in less than an hour. 

You can also find the most interestin people in coffee shops. Or even the worst, like the man who took my $5 dollar bill today without a second thought. But with a little bit of kindness, you may open yourself up to those in the joint, perhaps share a table and discover a new view on the world you've been so a costumes to. I'll leave you with a piece of advice about coffe shops though: make friends with the baristas, especially if they're in training. They may just up your order for free. Acts of kindness go a long ways! 

If any of you out there were like me and hitting up your local shop to study for exams, I wish you the best of luck! Don't be afraid to post in the comments below some topics you'd be interested to hear me discuss either! I love hearing ideas of those who frequent my blog! 

1 comment :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017