Anew.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

{via}

With the start of this new blog series, I feel like 'anew' is only a fitting title.

Three months into the year, and I feel like I've gone through the biggest growth spurt of my life. Everything has been constantly in motion and changing. I can only thank Jesus for this, because my stagnant ways were starting to pull me down- but He knew that.


Now, here we are, hurtling through March. The newness of this year is still all around, and I'm in awe of all the opportunities that have been offered to me. What sticks out to me in all of this is a snipet of a verse found in Isaiah 43:19-  See, I am doing a new thing! All around I'm seeing newness spring up in my life, bubbling to the surface. This year alone, I've been given opportunities to travel and read more than I've been able to in the past. These experiences have expanded the view on the world around me, and my understanding is growing.

More than ever before, I'm excited to fail. I know- what a weird thing to say, right? It's a novel concept for me too. But think about it... failure leads to growth. You learn better when you fail, because more often than not you don't want to endure that failure again. How awesome is it that we can fail and grow and change from our experiences?
I heard a great quote from service today as we were going over timeless leadership.
"People are afraid of change because they fear what they may lose."
That is so true. Even in my own life. Just recently I had plans change on me, and I became upset and irritable because of what I was losing, but when I took the time to think about it, the change in plans would be way more beneficial to me as an individual. To begin anew, we have to let go of our old ways. We have to be willing to release our white-knuckled grip on what we're so familiar with if we ever want to flourish in new, beautiful ways.

Let's let go of our restraints on safety and start working outside of our comfort zones.
Let's start anew.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017