Life update.

Thursday, December 7, 2017









































I haven't creeped into this little corner of the internet in a little while, but something about finals time always brings me back. Maybe it's the sheer procrastination kicking into overdrive, but this season of the semester always has me feeling reflective, inspired, and stressed.

Though I can't quite bring myself to justify working on the three post ideas that I have for this little space, I'm pulling myself away from my research revisions just long enough to update everyone on what the heck has been going on inside my little world. Side bar- does anyone remember when I used to do 'Monday Musings' every week to tell y'all what was going on in my week? Good times...


SEMI // Semi always makes it's way onto the list during this reflection time, so I thought I'd just cut to the chase and talk about it right out of the gate. What a time for everyone in Greek like... we sure love our college homecoming. This is the last semi I attended as an active in my chapter (#RIP) and it didn't disappoint. Hannah let me borrow one of her amazing dresses that she just always seems to have at hand, and my beauty squad (aka Mel) made sure I didn't have a melt down when it came to hair and makeup. The night was filled with bad dance moves, hundreds of pictures (sorry to my date, Davey- you took it like a champ!!), lots of potatoes, and, of course, Meggy Lou and I screaming Gold Digger at the top of our lungs.

SPOTIFY // Who else out there is just absolutely vibing with their top songs of 2017? Seriously, I looked back on the playlist they create at the end of every year for premium users and it just took me back. Music has the ability to transcend time and space guys... I'm listening to the playlist and I can tell you what season of my life I was in during every single one of these songs. Also- my playlist is such a true testament of me. Powerful, tear-inducing worship tracks are being followed by absolute dance/club hits and if that's me, I sure don't know what is.

FINALS // Can't reflect on my life without talking about the stress that is finals. I think college is a scam sometimes because when else in your life can you have three final projects due, still be learning new material, AND have exams starting in less than a week? This is my last fall semester (for hopefully a while at least) and I am so, so looking forward to it all being over. I've said frick it let's go to New York about four times in the last 30 minutes alone, and if that doesn't tell you how over I am clicking away at my keyboard and connecting how power structures motivate risk behavior, then you simply do not understand exam season.

VULNERABILITY // The last few months have been allllll about me becoming uncomfortable and learning to be more vulnerable. This stuff is scary and makes me get sweaty hands, but it's so freeing. Fear can grip you and hold you tight, but it's so nice to come out on the other side and finally feel the weight of your struggles melt off.

SOCIAL MEDIA // Two weeks ago I took a short hiatus from social media and deleted all of the apps off of my phone. This was shocking to a lot of people in my life, as I am a social media queen (joking), but I needed it. When I started screaming at my friend for thinking I had a problem with social media, I realized it was time to do something. I plan on doing a way more in-depth post about my experience, what I learned, and my general thoughts on it post-finals, but for now let me just encourage you with this: if you have comparison issues or feel like you struggle to keep up, ditch the media. Give yourself a break.

BOOKS ON BOOKS // I have about eight books on my shelf right now just itching to be read. Christmas time is one of my favorites for many reasons, and you sure are right if you guessed it's because I get to decompress with books I ACTUALLY want to read. Currently I'm reading She Reads Truth, but How's your Soul?, The Broken Way, and Life Is_____ are next on my list!

FAITH // Never before in my life have I felt so tried, yet so completely in love with God. I remember being in my tiny dorm room last year, riding a spiritual high, and a friend telling me that I was going to be tried and pressed so many times, and though he was right... wow. God has moved in my life and my heart and my relationships in so many ways. I think it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day but dang guys our God is so incredible and faithful and good.

HAIR // I want to cut it again-- what's new? Let me know what you think because I seriously don't know what to do with my locks anymore. They're starting to look a little sad on the ends, plus maybe it's time for a change?

MOVING ON // College is almost done and my fear of the real world is starting to set in. I've been living in this bubble of academia for the last four years, and I'm nervous for what comes next. This chapter is closing and everyday a new page is flipped and there are still so many things I want to do before my time here is up.

LOOKING FORWARD // The planner in me can't help but think about what's coming next. Cue the life crisis. If you know how to become an editor for a publishing company- this is my shameless plug to say PLEASE HELP ME! (I am being very serious, connect with me if you have advice.)

Well... That's all folks. Back to analzying peer groups, creating magazine spreads, and crafting external PR reports for fake crises! I'll be back soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017