Prim & pampered.

Thursday, September 28, 2017



Moving back to school, starting classes, and falling back into a school routine can be stressful. So when Maple Holistics reached out to me just as I was moving back to campus, I was excited about the opportunity to test out one of their amazing products.

Hayley, one of their wonderful reps, asked if I would be interested in trying out their tea tree oil shampoos, and I could not have been more stoked about it. I am a huge fan of essential oils, and the thought of my hair smelling wonderfully of tea tree oil was a dream. I was extremely excited to try this product, so let's just jump right into my thoughts!


First impressions

Before even experiencing this shampoo's scent, I was thrilled to see that the shampoo was a white base. I've used colored shampoos on my hair before, and something about the dyes used does some funky things to my hair. I also liked how simple the packaging was, and that ingredients were easy to find (and pronounce!).

The scent of this shampoo is honestly what won me, though. I find tea tree and lavender to be so calming, and having a shampoo with those two in them made washing my hair such a treat. Honestly the whole bathroom smelt great after rinsing my hair out, and the scent lasted for a few hours. It turned showering into such a relaxing process (I'm normally in a rush every morning and don't get to enjoy my shower time as much as I'd like).

Final thoughts

This shampoo by Maple Holistics was so fun to try. However, I don't think it's the right fit for my fine and finicky hair. My hair generates buildup and oils very quickly- and trust me, I've already tried to train it otherwise. However, I do enjoy using this shampoo a few times a week when I have the extra time to take a longer shower. It's very relaxing and the aroma from it makes me feel 10x less stressed. I'm also guilty of using this as a body wash of sorts when I just need to relax after long study sessions or late nights tutoring.

I would recommend this shampoo for anyone who's hair is easy to manage. This definitely is not a shampoo I can use and go days between washes, but it's so fun to have in my shower for when I want to treat myself, and I think that's an equally important quality!

If you're interested in trying this product or others like it, check out Maple Holistics' website. They have a free sample program that I definitely want to use in the future to try some of their body products.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017