Smooth(ie) Days Ahead: My favorite smoothie recipe

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Even though summer is winding down to its end, smoothies have become an all year round type of drink for me, so I thought I would share with you my all time favorite, go-to smoothie recipe.


You could use any kind of blender, but I prefer to use my magic bullet. It gives the perfect consistency, and also a perfect serving size. 


What you'll need: 
One banana (It's okay if it's a bit over-ripe) 
Frozen berries 
Juice of your choice (Orange based juices work best) 
Ice

I will typically put in anywhere from 1/2 a cup to a full cup of berries, depending on the day.

As far as ice goes, I often can't fit a whole cup of ice in my blender, so a 2-3 pieces work for my magic bullet. If you're using an actual blender I would recommend about 4-5 pieces of ice 


Dice up your bananas and add those in first, then do your ice, layer of berries, and do about a half a cup of the juice of your choice. Blend to a smooth consistency & enjoy! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Laur Jurczy 2017